Friday, May 05, 2006

Mother’s day?

Have you ever wondered how it feels like to carry a heavy burden for years? Not including the 9 months that we were in our mothers’ wombs, a few years of being carried like a prince and the after years of ensuring that the child turns out alright?

Seriously speaking, the ‘debt’ and immense love from our mothers are immeasurable. I used the word debt because from the moment we were born till now, only one person has been showering us with care and concern without asking for much in return. True, our moms may want us to score good grades, eat our vegetables and be a useful person. Is it wrong for them to do so? Which mother would like to see their children working as manual (blue-collar) workers? Which mother likes to see their children always sickly and weak? It’s a fact that eating vegetables help to deter certain sickness and improving the overall body immune system. I’ve no answers for that... I eat my veggies.

Though my mum may nag at me at times, I know deep down that she really cared for me. Why do you think she bothers to nag at you? Do you think that she’s so happy to be constantly nagging at you? With the exceptions of some mums who really like to nag over trivial (unimportant) matters, I’ve always believed that our mums brought us up in this world and they certainly have the right to asked questions about who we are hanging around with and whathavesyou.

As I think back of my early years, I realized that I’ve really made my mum upset at times. I was mischievous and at times rebellious because I just can’t seem to take in my mother’s words of wisdom. I lacked the immaturity to understand that certain things should be left the way they are. Hah... Especially the spotless walls and other things that I could get my hands on. Oops... I’ve also hurt her for some regrettable and nonsensical words when I can’t seem to get her point during my hormonal and angst filled teenage years. The proper term for that us puberty. Hah.

Whatever the case is, I know that I would treasure her. I do not need a so-called mother’s day to celebrate with her. I’m aware of the little intangibles that I did which is much valuable than the expensive dinners or luxurious items. It may not be pretty, but it’s the little things that really matters. It may not be much yet it may mean a lot. I do not need a mother’s day to be appreciative of my mum. I’m treasuring her everyday till the end of my time in this place called earth.

I ain’t going to be some fools whose actions never fail to amaze me. Often, they would realize their mistakes when everything is too late. They would take things for granted and expects their parents to be always there for them. Their parents would often live to a ‘ripe old age’ and would never fail to support them when they need help. I’m so amazed by their apparent ‘innocence’. Why must some people learn their mistakes when it’s all over? Maybe this is human nature but I’m not going make the same mistakes that so many people have made.

I love my mum and I’m proud to be called a mama’s boy. Hah... I made a promise to myself that I’m going to make her proud of me. Her love and passion would always remain in my mind. A mother’s love is just so noble. If people are still in denial and fails to appreciate their own moms, it’s NOMB. As long as I know that no matter what happens, I would continue my ways as long as my conscience is clear


PS – I would attach a story of the apple tree which I believe some people have read before. Yet fails to take any actions or their actions were short-termed. I would like to remind everyone that it's virtually impossible for a tree to grow in 1 day. You need to shower it with love and care in order for it to bear fruits. Likewise with mother's day, you do not need a special day just to 'show' that you care for her. What about the 364 days?

Apple Tree Story

A long time ago, there was a huge apple tree. A little boy loved to come and play around it everyday. He climbed to the tree top, ate the apples, took a nap under the shadow...He loved the tree and the tree loved to play with him.Time went by... the little boy had grown up and he no longer played around the tree everyday.

One day, the boy came back to the tree and he was sad."Come and play with me," the tree asked the boy. "I am no longer a kid,I don't play around trees anymore." The boy replied, "I want toys. I need money to buy them." "Sorry, but I don't have money... but you can pick all my apples and sell them. So, you will have money." The boywas so excited. He grabbed all the apples on the tree and left happily. The boy never came back after he picked the apples. The tree was sad.

One day, the boy returned and the tree was so excited."Come and play with me" the tree said. "I don't have time to play. I have to work for my family. We need a house for shelter. Can you help me?""Sorry, but I don't have a house. But you can chop off my branches to build your house." So the boy cut all the branches of the tree and left happily.The tree was glad to see him happy but the boy never came back since then.The tree was again lonely and sad.

One hot summer day, the boy returned and the tree was delighted. "Come and play with me!" the tree said."I am sad and getting old. I want to go sailing to relax myself. Can you give me a boat?" "Use my trunk to build your boat. You can sail far away and be happy." So the boy cut the tree trunk to make a boat. He went sailing and never showed up for a long time.

Finally, the boy returned after he left for so many years."Sorry, my boy.But I don't have anything for you anymore. No more apples for you..."the tree said. "I don't have teeth to bite" the boy replied."No more trunk for you to climb on" "I am too old for that now" the boy said. "I really can't give you anything ... the only thing left is my dying roots" the tree said with tears. "I don't need much now, just a place to rest.I am tired after all years." The boy replied. "Good! Old tree roots is the best place to lean on and rest. Come, Come sit down with me and rest."The boy sat down and the tree was glad and smiled with tears.......

This is a story for everyone. The tree is our parents. When we were young, we loved to play with Mom and Dad... When we grown up, we left them...only came to them when we need something or when we are in trouble. No matter what, parents will always be there and give everything they could to make you happy. You may think the boy is cruel to the tree but that's how most people are treating their parents. Taking them for granted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home