Saturday, April 29, 2006

Loose Sand...

At times, I questioned myself. Now?
I've no more doubts that I'm perfectly fine.

Since the fault doesn't lies with me. Then, it's none of my business anymore. I can only do so little. They are like loose sand. It is just too bad that I can’t be the glue to hold them together. Poor organizing skills and an optimistic yet dreamlike attitude will only direct them to disappointment.

When I look at the so-called ‘barbaric’ people playing soccer on the basketball court, I regret to say that they are at least united together. Yet, looking back at our own ‘people’, I’m totally wounded. There is this lack of unity among them. I would cite 3 historical moments in time to back up my claims.

On the ‘big’ night when a fight almost broke up, I saw 1 guy against a group of barely legal age teens along with 2 policemen. Hence, I call out to the rest of them to stand together. A few responded and I’ve no idea what the others were doing. Continuing to shoot the basketball perhaps? It may be true that our guy (Forever 18 years old) is a hero. He dares to speak up and call the police and all. It’s good to have heroes but I would rather not to have heroes out there saving the world while the rest of them are continuing their lives as if nothing had happened. As long as our hero is around, we would be safe. No worries, someone will step out and be a hero.

The organizing of T-rex chalet party. Poor responses. Lack of ‘care and concern’. (Refer to previous posts for details)

The breaking up of the team, if one could call that a team that is. I remembered saying that if they want me to join the team, then they must really make it a team. I relented and joined the ‘team’. Needless to say, it crumbles soon after a bunch of games with rival teams. Too much infighting and lack of responses. No respect is given to the captain as many questioned his drills and so on. Everyone can criticize but no one can plan up other drills. Talk is cheap, action’s much more expensive perhaps? That is why no one bother to do.

The captain and players were also not taking themselves seriously and were often late for practices or did not put in more effort during practices. I do not deny that I’ve also not put in my best effort at times. It’s simply because I really cannot work with certain people who does not know the meaning of basketball. As a result, I was often reprimanded by others when I played ‘badly’. The actual fact is I’ve given up hope to play with some people. I simply can’t work with senseless people like the boy who cried wolf. I’ve tried... Ultimately, the downfall is inevitable (unavoidable).

Based on these 3 historical events, I can safely say that I’m right. Loose sand just cannot stick together, no one is going to gel them up. Even if one tried to glue them back, the result may be disappointing. I’ve my fair share of heartbreaks.

Like I’ve said before, Desprorado’s willing to be the fool again and again. I've also mentioned the below sentence before...

One day, you might understand my effort.
One day, you might appreciate my effort.
One day, you might acknowledge my effort.
One day, you might be grateful for my effort.
One day, you might express thanks for my effort.
Yet...
One day, I may not reciprocate the “feelings”...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home