Wednesday, April 26, 2006

AM classes = ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES


Lesson Learnt– When a dog bites you. You do not bite it back.

The reasoning is simple because it’s true that a sane human do not stoop down to the level of dogs (They are actually nice creatures, this is just an example). A rational person would probably just let the dog off or ask the SPCA to capture the crazed dog. Humans do not ever bite back at the dog. It indicates that the human is ‘stupid’ or silly to get back at such a lowly animal. Hence, it would be best to just let it go.

A good example would be the taunting made by insensitive people like a self-named “God (Old Man)”, I knew that I’m not going to be easily let an immature person spoils my mood. It does not matter that he insults you, your skills or even your entire ancestors from the 18th generation onwards. Why should I get angry? There’s no point in getting angry as you cannot control the other people’s mouth. Instead, you can control your own anger or taunt him back and let him have a taste of his own medicine. A genius would not let such tactless people to have the opportunity to make fun at him as well as making him feeling angry and irritated. A smart person should remain composed to deter the hurtful remarks and continue doing what he feels is correct (supported by facts).

Next, one should also learn to keep his cool unless it’s really over the ‘limit’. Even then, it’s still unwise to be behind bars because of such laughable and insignificant event. It is a fact that most murders happen because of such “rage” that is uncontrollable. Husbands killing wives over the remote control, affairs etc. ‘Boys’ killing other ‘boys’ because of toys, games and girls. Killed in fights over “staring incident”...

At times, some murderers would reflect on their mistakes, repent on their mistakes and really think that it is extremely bird-brained to commit a mistake in their moment of RAGE. In my case, I would rather let the dog get away with the bite than be jailed for killing it in a moment of madness. Unless, the dog is endangering other people’s life then I would consider calling the SPCA to put it to sleep or lock it up.

My life’s much precious than all these... Why should I? Some people just cannot keep their mouth shut or their mouth will sprout elephants tusks (Chinese term – Meaning foul-mouthed). Just remember one thing, do not challenge GOD.(Inside joke) Lol~ You will surely lose...

Hah~ Remember one of my previous entry,

“NOW... I’m already irritated by the lack of sleep, as well as lack of responses (another blog-worthy story) and the taunting/screaming by one of the soccer player. I FINALLY ERUPTED!! I shouted out something like “Hey! You don’t force us to call the police OK!”. When I shouted out the words, I’m in fits of ANGER. The soccer players began to sort of square up to me. Their “leader” (an under probation person or tagged with the police tag) began to ask me “Why do you need to shout at us? We are also people okay?” Then, another soccer player add in more fire by saying “You think we are dogs? Shout at us for what?” Freaks... I was trembling... But not in fear, instead, in ANGER. I proceed to talk with the “leader”, but the situation was quite difficult because all of us are still hot-headed. He demanded why I shouted at them, I replied that they were threatening us by saying they are going to rambut us. OF course I’m furious. Then, he dare to have the cheek to say “We only say say only. Did we rambut you all?” Too bad.. I did not think of a good reply of “We only say say to call the police only. Did we call?” Of course, some of my basketball friends were also helping me to “talk” with the leader. I forgot the exact dialogues but it was interesting as I’ve never felt that “trembling” feeling before. I forgot how we managed to solve the problem but I did remember shaking hands with the leader twice to calm him down. Do not ask me why. But it works to a certain extent. In the end, there were no bloodsheds (I’m not a fighter also). There was no stopping us from playing basketball, nor do they stopped playing soccer. They still played full court while we played half court 3-on-3. Amazingly, a few players from both sides said sorry when they accidentally hit the ball at us. Obviously, they did not hit us with any hard balls nor do we purposely crash into them or anything. It would be a night in the history of the basketball court.”

This incident made me realized that I must always remain calm even though I’m already feeling angry. I must talk reasons with a reasonable person. There’s no point in talking to “fools”, they can’t understand you. Earn their respect or at least let them be aware of your existence. Lastly... Do not ever challenge others to a fight or accept their challenges. Both sides would be hurt and it’s meaningless to fight for your right. Gentlemen use words, facts and reasons to spar with one another. (Like the always 18 years old fellow) If you like to fight and die like a fool, then you would be better off joining the terrorists. Be wise; use non-violence and truth to win over others.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." Mahatma Gandhi

"The Truth is far more powerful than any weapon of mass destruction". Mahatma Gandhi

Please do research on Mahatma Gandhi. His views and beliefs had inspired Dr. Martin Luther Kings Jr, The Dalai Lama, Lech Wałęsa, Cesar Chavez, Aung San Suu Kyi, Benigno Aquino Jr., Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela... Incredible. Even, Albert Einstein said of Gandhi: "Generations to come will scarcely believe that such a one as this walked the earth in flesh and blood." He also once said," I believe that Gandhi's views were the most enlightened of all the political men in our time. We should strive to do things in his spirit: not to use violence in fighting for our cause, but by non-participation in anything you believe is evil." Now, that’s what I call “god-like”.

PS – So far, Banana had erupted and grape had burst. Heh.. Wondering when watermelon will collide? Haha.. “Jiu zai jing tian (x2)”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home