Saturday, April 15, 2006

Doing the right things

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. once said the following words
(African-American who won the nobel prize award. Do look up his achievements if possible. His greatness is beyond description.)
Cowardice asks the question - is it safe?
Expediency asks the question - is it politic?
Vanity asks the question - is it popular?
But conscience asks the question - is it right?
And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular; but one must take it because it is right.

That is what I'm going to do. I've found that I'll not be 'shy' anymore when it comes to doing the right things. Based on some of my past histories, I've dare to complain against a security officer. I've dare (courage) to ask the town council to repair the rim. I've dare to argue against the soccer players. I've dare to wrote my 'opinions' against my best friend. SO... I'm going to do what is right. I'm not really a person with a strong sense of righteousness (justice), but it's my life. I can either let others to lead me or choose to influence others. It's now or never... Yup.. It sounds familiar doesn't it? You may like to listen to Bon Jovi's song - It's My Life.

PS - My watermelon friend did admit some of his shortcomings. He did not blame me or whatever. Hah~ It was a miscommunication. A good miscommunication indeed. Anyway, I've a few more words for him. Lol.. "Be discipline if you really want to do something BIG in life. Let your actions do the talking and I'll always 'support' you. Haha.. Nope.. I can't support you financially or physically. Lol! I can only support you spiritually." Btw, I've realize that I'm a SNAG as well... Desprorado's a SNAG!!? He's supposed to be a bold outlaw who does not care how others view him. That's who I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home