Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Top 1000 reasons why I failed my driving test...

FYI (For your information), I’ve scored an astonishing record of 48 demerit points and 1 immediate failure. Currently, I have 2 schools of thoughts.

“The tester would surely let you pass if you are as good as you claim to be. If you did not make any faults, you will surely pass.”

AND

“When the tester wants to fail you, he would find a lot of ways to do so. Every move you make, every thing that you do or did not do. You are going to get penalized for it.”
(It’s exactly like an old saying “When the heart is willing, it will find a thousand ways. When the heart is unwilling, it will find a thousand excuses.”) I find this true. You may think it’s a case of sour grapes whereby I claimed the grapes are sour when I cannot get to eat it. A proper definition would be “Denial of the desirability of something after one has found out that it cannot be reached or acquired” from
http://www.answers.com/.

Let’s have a recap of the “mistakes” in my 48 points.

For my NARROW COURSE (circuit course) like S course, crank course and directional change. I scored 0 points.

For PARKING (both vertical and parallel), I scored 2 points for “requiring additional reverse movement”

For SLOPE/GRADIENT, I scored another 2 points as the vehicle rolled back for less than 1 metre.

For MOVING OFF, I scored 2 points for “delay in moving off”

For FORWARD DRIVING, I scored 6 points for “failing to keep left”, 2x4=8 points for “veer off course”, 2x4=8 points for “change lane abruptly”, 2x2=4 points for “fail to use the appropriate gear”, an immediate failure for “fail to give way to traffic with right-of-way” and another 8 points for “cause other vehicles to slow down or take evasive action”.

For JUNCTION, I scored 2 points for “incorrect positioning” and 2x2=4 points for wide turn and sharp turn respectively.

For SAFETY CHECK, I did not score a point.

For BRAKING, I scored 2 points for “incorrect braking”.

That is it... 48 points. WHOOP!! I’ve no idea whether to be happy that I might have broke their record for scoring the most points or should I be sad that I was such a “lousy” driver? 48 POINTS!!!! 48 POINTS!! YES! I’VE BROKE THE GUINESS WORLD RECORD! (Pardon the craziness, but it’s really ridiculous to score so much point) To me, I can accept failure if I’m really not that good. BUT I cannot accept failing for the wrong reasons like “veering off course”, “incorrect braking”, “delay in moving off” and many more. I strongly suspect that the tester was really too generous with the points.



How I scored an immediate failure and 8 points.
I’ve gotten an immediate failure and 8 points (cause other vehicles to slow down or take evasive action) for this. After the test, the tester even agrees that the blue car is a learner driver and may be slow or lousy also but you should have let him cross first. I’ve 2 views on this incident.

The angelic view – The learner driver did not signal that he/her is going into the circuit. I should have been more alert instead of making an ASS of U & ME. ASSUME... So what even if the yellow car behind is going into the circuit? It is a big mistake on my part..?

The devilish view – That blue car is really an a**hole. It hesitates before moving off hence creating the impression that I’ve cause the blue car to slow down. As for failing to give way to traffic with right-of-way, I “feel” that I can move out already since the yellow car is turning in but the tester did not felt that way so he gave me an immediate failure for this. I’ve no comments...

So in the circuit I’ve only scored 2 points or maybe a few more points for things like “incorrect braking” and such “mistakes”. This means that I’ve scored almost 40+ points while I’m on the road. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I could have failed 3 times for that amount of points given... This is utterly bullsh*t...

Now, I do realize why my poly friend says that “Testers are biased. You need to have another few more tries in order to pass. When I attempt and pass on my 3rd try, I’ve made some mistakes as well but the tester also did not say anything” Was it really because of that? My first test ended just like that?
That friend also said that he was “sick” of driving tests. I agreed with him completely although I’ve only failed once. I still love to drive but since the tests are going to be so discriminating, it creates the “sick” feeling. Like him, I just want to get the test/s over and done with. My bank account is almost dried up and I cannot afford to fail again. I do not know what will happen... I may be going to army soon and I really hate to fail for the wrong reasons... I’m getting sick and tired because of the test and not the driving...

Isn’t it ironic? Delay in moving off and cause other vehicles to slow down or take evasive action. It’s like kena (getting) screwed from the front and the back at the same time. If the traffic is heavy then how? You get 2 points for that. If you attempt to be hero and chiong then congratulations, you earned yourself 8 points for “causing other vehicles to slow down or take evasive action” and maybe also an immediate failure for failing to give way to traffic with the right-of-way. Did you see that? No matter what you do, you are wrong and the tester is always right. The tester’s view and your views are different. They are like god when they are in the car, they decide your fate. I’ve known several people who prefer females to males, white to black to Asian, young to old, certain religion to another religion and so much more. This is what I called DISCRIMINATION.

I’ve perhaps a thousand reasons and excuses why I failed my driving test. I shall list down some interesting and possibly illogical ones.

1. I did not touch watermelon’s stomach before going to the test. That’s why I don’t have luck. (Inside joke)
2. The tester has a quota that they must fail x amount of people. So I must fail.
3. There are too many people on the road so they must fail you.
4. They need to earn your money so you must fail at least once or else tester would be out of their jobs.
5. They expect you to be “perfect”. No ‘incorrect braking’ and all those BS. You need to be perfect in order to pass when they are not perfect themselves.
6. My forehead is carved with a “Please fail me” that only the tester can see.
7. The tester was having a bad day and he took it out on me. Then, I will take it out on the next ‘poor’ fellow who tries to play a fool with me.
8. My back has a “Screw Me. I enjoyed getting screwed” note that I don’t remember seeing. Only god knows...
9. My mum telling me to remember the 4 digits of my car number when I pass. (I’m not joking. May sounds funny but its nothing but the truth. My mum did say that.)
10. My driving centre car number is 88. (What an auspicious number. No Joke!)
11. The tester is jealous that I’m taller and better looking than him. (Opinions vary)
12. My dad did not give me any support.
13. I lacked confidence? (Nope. Not true. I may be a bit shaky because of the tester sitting beside me but I’ve confidence in myself and my driving skills because when I’m undergoing revision, my instructor did not reprimand me much and that is a good sign considering the fact that they will always try to ‘lecture’ you. No comments mean that they did not find anything wrong with you. They will not praise you even if you are a good enough driver. The closest ‘praise’ that I’ve gotten is “You can drive, just relax for your test and good luck”.)
14. I’m a bad driver that is why I got 48 points and 1 immediate failure. (The ‘facts’ seems like that. I’ve really had no idea...)
15. I did not pray before going out. (Next time I will do that. Better pray to get a kind and benevolent tester and good traffic conditions rather than depending on my 3-legged-cat skills)
16. I did not attempt to please the “god” in the car. I should have help him to polish his boots or at least give him some kopi money (bribery).
17. April 10th is not my day. The tester is not my tester. The test route is not my route.
18. I’m overconfident? (Nah.. I can distinguish between confident and overconfident. I wasn’t cocky but the tester may not think so...)
19. The traffic conditions are not good.
20. The learner driver dropped a bomb on me.
21. I should be more cautious yet brave enough to change lane.
22. I should have brought myself red underwear for “good” luck?
23. I’ve placed too much pressure on myself. My family and friends also expect me to pass. (Kinda true. I’ve sacrificed a lot of things in order to ‘fail’. I may have gave myself a lot of stress unconsciously.)

My feelings are mixed now. A bit of sadness, lots of anger and an unknown feeling that I can’t find the appropriate term to describe. For no good reasons, I was slapped in the face. If anyone knows or has learned about Chinese history, they should remember someone by the name of Yue Fei, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yue_Fei). Like him, I was executed for “no reasons needed (Mo Xu You- 莫須有)” Coincidentally, he happens to be a Hakka (same dialect race as me). Hah~ Similarly, I wished that I could be like him and say “Huan Wo He Shan (Give back my rivers and mountains)”.

PS – I’ve got a crazy idea. If I’m so fortunate to meet with the same tester again, maybe I will langa (crash) the car or attempt to drift the car. So that he would know that I’m for real. Then... I can go ahead and booked my 3rd test. I can only control the car, if the traffic conditions are not good or the tester tries to screw me again. There’s nothing I can do but I will most likely perform some stunts. Hah.. I’m Desprorado!

I’ve another idea... Let’s see if I can develop that idea. Will blog it down if it came true. I do not want to carry such high hopes. Oops... I did not get the 4 digits... Who knows? I may struck 4d for the 'lucky' number.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home