Thursday, March 16, 2006

Red Hot Chilli Pepper

Note: Chili or Chilli is both accepted as the correct spelling and the definition in http://www.answers.com/ is “The pungent fresh or dried fruit of any of several cultivated varieties of capsicum, used especially as a flavoring in cooking.” Then, this shall be a personal entry again. Ya, I know that my personal entries have been too much lately and people may not be interested to know what had been happening to me, Desprorado. But from my personal entry, I hope that it can bring about some inspiration or just for entertainment and easy reading. Here it goes...

Recap of Mar 15th 2006 activities

Forgotten my waking time, perhaps it’s around 8+. My mum mentioned that she’s going to change the bed sheets the day before. As a filial son, slacking-at-home-nothing-better-to-do person and mummy’s boy or whatever you want to call it. I proceeded to undress my bed and pillows after having breakfast. Then, I also found out that my literally pig of a second elder sister at home. Hahaha... As a psychotic and sadist person that I am, I gently woke her up by asking why she did not go to work. She replied that she has taken her leave in lieu or something like that. It means that she had worked overtime (OT) and is claiming an “off” day. I asked her to change her bed sheets as well. The reason being that “more hands make light work” meaning the task can be accomplished quicker as there is one more “labour”. To sidetrack abit, more hands may not mean everything can be done quicker. For example, the maximum capacity at a small hawker food stall is 4 staffs; you cannot expect to increase the risk of 2 more staffs because the output will be the same. There can only be one person chopping the chicken if it is a chicken rice stall, than what can the other 5 staffs do? Do think about it. Actually, there is a proper economic theory that is called “Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility”. Here’s a website, http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/lawofdiminishingutility.asp .

Back to my tale, I managed to out talk my 2nd elder sister to change her bed sheets as well as my elder sister bed sheets as my elder sister is performing her task as a “Florence Nightingale” hopeful. Do check out what it means if you are unsure who this person is. Hah~ I’m creating the “curiosity kills the cat” mood again. Anyway, it’s quite an uphill task for me to actually out talk my 2nd sister and to “force” her to change bed sheets. Lol~ Her intention of taking the leave is to sleep the entire day, no jokes. So you can see the reason why I’m so disrespectful to call her piggy. It’s all in good manner of course.

Then, my mum came back soon after her morning session of “Qi Gong” and exercises. Her face did not feature any “surprised” look nor was she touched to see her children taking the initiative to change the bed sheets. Hah.. I thought too much already. Instead, she asked me to vacuum her bed sheets as well. Dot dot dot... Never mind, it’s time for me to play my role. Do note that I’ve also been changing bed sheets as well, but compared to her years of changing the entire household bed sheets. I’m just like a hill compared to a mountain. Before my dear blog readers think that it is easy to change bed sheets and I may have exaggerate too much, do think about the time you need to spend to change out the pillows covers, bed covers, vacuum the beds and pillows and changing new covers to not one bed and a few pillows but to 4 beds and many pillows. Well, my mum has been doing that for years and it is only occasionally that I actually helped her since the entire family is “busy” with school, work and other commitments. Only my mum is a full-time housewife whose duty that you may think is ordinary. (I shall not stir up too much of my dear blog readers’ feeling again). I shall leave it at that. Please think about it and treasure what you have before it’s gone.

Then, I will not go into details of my cruel labour. However, my mum is not exactly stupid either. She made me bite into another trap. Lol (laughing out loud).. This time she asks me nicely whether if I’ve the time to spare and help her grind the chili with the electric blender. I stepped into the trap again, knowing that I’m literally sending the poor sheep into a tiger’s mouth. That’s a direct translations by the way (btw).

I forgotten the exact conversation, but I remembered that somehow I ended up using the ancient tools used by my ancestors. Picture as belows


Ancient Stone Pounder

I asked my mum just now and she replied that I was curious perhaps. That’s why I used this stone grinder to make the chili paste. But I do remember my mum saying something about my dad loving the hand-made chili by my 3rd aunt. Dot dot dot... I’ve fallen into another sinister plot by my mum... Or was it my deserved retribution for being curious and making my blog readers curious with some of my entries? Argh~!! NO!! This is not my retribution. I’m only trying out whether if my dad would be moved to tears when he knows that his precious son suffered to make his beloved chili paste. Nah.. My sadistic thinking was actually if he would cry when he tried my red hot chilli pepper. *evil grins* I’m convinced that I’m crazy and a sadist as well... So sad.. =’(

Okay! Or was it K.O? I began to peel the garlic and ginger skin. My mum chopped the small reddish devil into pieces for easier pounding. First, I put a few pieces of garlic into the crusher. It was the easiest of the 3 ingredients, within five minutes the garlic paste was done. Yea right.. That was only the few pieces of garlic and was considered the first batch. There would be like 5-6 more batches to go... LOL! You knew what I did?

Since my sister was at home, the traditional way was really too slow and I’m pro. I used some simple thinking to trap my sister this time. Lol... I said something like “Since you are at home, why don’t you help out?” My sister would reply “No... I’m going to sleep soon.” Then, I shoot back “Why don’t you use the electric blender to blend the chili?” My sister may have been thinking but she rejected my kind offer again. This time I said something like “Why not we see whether if dad can test out which is better or not? We split the ingredients into almost equal portions. If electric blender is better, then next time we will use the blender. Save my effort also.” *Grins* This trick sure worked this time round, she said that she would blend the chili after using the computer. Lol! I’ve actually outsmart my sister twice that morning. Sadly, my mum has also outwitted me. Argh~~~

Then, slowly and bit by bit, I managed to up my level from garlic to ginger and to the big boss level. The devilish chilli... Case in point, the chili can really irritates the skin and may even cause blindness if it brushed against your eyes. Since I’m bespectacled, chances of fresh chili juice making contact with my eyes are extremely low. However, if anyone of you experienced raw chili juices on your skin. You will feel really COOL~~ The juices will feel even better if it comes into contact into your restricted areas. Haha.. Let me remind you.. I’m crazy and a sadist as well. Btw, I realized that there is a slight difference between blending the chili and pounding the chilli manually. The seeds are the crux. When you blend it, the seeds would still survive the blades but the seeds would “die” if they are crushed into powder. Obviously, it would take a great deal of effort and I only crushed like up to 85% of the seeds at most. The lowest percentage should be 50% that I confirmed would be crushed.

To cut short, I wonder if people really like the traditional method. Or do they like the fact that people has suffered for it. That’s why the result tastes better in their heart. This is not a typographical or typo error in short. Instead of using mouth to taste, they use their heart to taste the food. I’m sorry for side tracking again but it’s important. Do think about the below scenarios.

Example 1
An ordinary black wallet was lost or so it seems.
In fact, the wallet may be a gift from your dear ones and you treasured it very much. But to ordinary people, it does not seem much. Not branded, not expensive not attractive as well.

Example 2
An “ordinary” person is dead. Like the above example, that person may not be doing “big” things or influence a lot of people. But to his friends, he’s a loyal, caring and superb friend that anyone could have.

Do my dear blog-readers got it? “You might not be anything to the world, but you may mean the world to some people” Btw, I read this from an email or something. The quotation was not by me although I may have changed a few words.

Back to my recap, the day was almost over and I used around 2 hours to write my heartfelt entry yesterday. In the evening, went for a walk with my piggy sister which is rare as well. Returned to my other home (basketball court), played a few good games. Though my teams lost twice and won once, the feeling is rather good when you know that you have tried and our opponents are 2 “beasts” and some role players. The “beasts” are even bigger than me, I’m only 1.80 metres tall and weighs around 73-75 kilograms and the monster is slightly taller than me and a whole lot more heavier than me. I was practically trying to push against a mountain. Though we lost, I guess the opponents also felt as good as us since we played serious basketball. Then, I shall not name the culprits as since we are playing as a team and some times our shooting percentage may be heading south. Haha.. For people who do not know what heading south means, do think about it. Hint: North, East, South, West... The direction. Do drop by in the comments box if you think you got the answer. See ya then!

Now... My mum bought water chestnuts today.... Its unprepared water chestnuts... Meaning that... I’ve to prepare it... Dot dot dot... Be right back to post the pictures as evidence that I’m not joking.

PS – I’ve noticed that my entries are unusually long and wordy. May turn people down when they read it. But who cares? Since I’ve the inspiration to blog, I shall write all I want. The fact is that I could have been more descriptive in my blog, add in more details but I do not want to write a chapter of a novel. So I only chose what I feel are appropriate to readers.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, March 18, 2006, Blogger Desprorado said...

Thanks for your comments. Since Smacky insulted you as well. I don't see what's so great about you. It's exactly like a pot calling the kettle black. Too bad... Only a person with an exceptional IQ like yours would bitch back at Smacky. If you so wishes to insult me. Go ahead. Juz bring it on~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home