Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Recap of Mar 13th

Note: Shall be a personal entry again. Language shall be my normal standard. Lengthwise may be long as it has been an eventful day, too much happenings in fact.

Every since, the mosquito bites, I stayed awake the entire morning as I was going to report to work. No, I didn’t call the relevant authority with regards to the mosquitoes. That story shall be another told at a later date when I’m feeling it.

Story continues... I was awake and saw some chums online in the dead of the night. So I approached an old friend (He’s residing in a Uni in KL, while I’m in S’pore) that I seldom contact online. How seldom? Yesterday’s contact was the second time if I’m not mistaken. He asked me some standard question like “How’s your life been?” A normal or sometimes lazy person would give a standard reply of “fine” Guess by now, people shall know that Desprorado’s not normal. So I gave him a summary of some highlights as well as a little details of what’s happening in my life (he also gave details about his life as well). To cut short, I’m glad I approached him and “talk” online. But I wished that it wouldn’t happen always as it means I can’t sleep. The time was around 4+ or 5+ when I “talk” with him online.

Next, I went to my first day of work. Initially, I thought that I would only be reporting to the headquarters (HQ) to settle issues like where I’m going to work, uniforms etc. Who knows? After reporting to HQ, the fellow secondary friend who went with me for the interview rejected the offer made by the company. It’s because of the branch he had to report to, too inconvenient for him. Besides, he prefers to “work” with a same branch with me as there’s a familiar face to accompany him. True, I’ve thought of rejecting the offer too. But I managed to ask for my dad’s opinion before leaving the house; he said that it is okay for me to work over at the company though d pay may be not up to my standard. Can’t believe that my dad would view me as such a low wage worker!! Regardless, I accepted the offer.

After accepting the offer, the human resource lady asked me to report to the branch directly. So, I left with my secondary school friend and took a train to my workplace while he went home. Btw, if you (blog reader/readers) have read my previous post, you would notice that another 2 friends have not went with us to HQ. They might be taking of on airplane or flying kite somewhere for all I care.

At last, I reached my new workplace. God knows, I worked from 10+ or even 11 till 3 o’clock that day. Was going for a lunch break but the assistant store manager (ASM) asked me to work till 3 so that it would be easier to calculate the hours worked. Do take note that, I was a “surprise” that day as the HR from HQ did not contact the branch that I’m working at. So, there are some administrative matters to be settled. Basically, I was given an orientation by the ASM and he asked me to just walk around the shop and remember where the various kinds of products are situated. I did not mingle much with other staffs since they were doing their job. Just a brief exchange of names and a few sentences here and there. I mainly talked to the ASM. Hah~ Only the Assistant Store Manager have enough rank to talk with me. Lol~

After work, I went straight home and have my overdue lunch of curry puff, fancy breads and other junks. My mum had eaten my official lunch as high tea as she thought I would have eaten already. So not much of a choice as I wolfed down the breads. Came online afterwards, was mainly listening to songs, chatting with my watermelon buddy and exploring the World Wide Web. Conked out (slept) at around 4+ to 5. Woke up at close to 7 PM or was it 6+? Still feeling the urge to sleep...

A basketball (bball) friend msg me out. Had a rather serious conversation with 2 fruity friends, watermelon and grape with regards to going down to play basketball or not. LOL! A serious conversation indeed, as my watermelon pal drew up pictures using the MSN drawing function while another cracked lame jokes. Also cracked lame jokes as well. Thereafter, another bball buddy jio (ask me along) me down to play basketball. So... I made a decision to play. The “fruity” friends were going down as well despite a tiring work and (easy) studying commitments.

Went out to played basketball at around 8, the soccer players were already dominating the court. One of them thinks it’s funny to scream at me “TODAY NO BASKETBALL!!” That was an incredibly huge mistake on his part. Slowly, my basketball friends began to grow. Not taller or wider, but the number was increasing to 6. We proceed to shoot some hoops. Then, we intend to play a game of 3-on-3. As the soccer players were playing full court and their numbers were bigger, they demanded us to let them play. Before the age-old question appear “This is a basketball court, not a soccer field”. We replied cannot of course, then they begin to make noises and I heard the word “Rambut”. Unsure whether if I’m correct with the spelling, the word actually means ram (To strike or drive against with a heavy impact). It means that they are actually threatening us that they may begin to play “rammed the soccer ball”, of course the targets are going to be us.

NOW... I’m already irritated by the lack of sleep, as well as lack of responses (another blog-worthy story) and the taunting/screaming by one of the soccer player. I FINALLY ERUPTED!! I shouted out something like “Hey! You don’t force us to call the police OK!”. When I shouted out the words, I’m in fits of ANGER. The soccer players began to sort of square up to me. Their “leader” (an under probation person or tagged with the police tag) began to ask me “Why do you need to shout at us? We are also people okay?” Then, another soccer player add in more fire by saying “You think we are dogs? Shout at us for what?” Freaks... I was trembling... But not in fear, instead, in ANGER. I proceed to talk with the “leader”, but the situation was quite difficult because all of us are still hot-headed. He demanded why I shouted at them, I replied that they were threatening us by saying they are going to rambut us. OF course I’m furious. Then, he dare to have the cheek to say “We only say say only. Did we rambut you all?” Too bad.. I did not think of a good reply of “We only say say to call the police only. Did we call?” Of course, some of my basketball friends were also helping me to “talk” with the leader. I forgot the exact dialogues but it was interesting as I’ve never felt that “trembling” feeling before. I forgot how we managed to solve the problem but I did remember shaking hands with the leader twice to calm him down. Do not ask me why. But it works to a certain extent. In the end, there were no bloodsheds (I’m not a fighter also). There was no stopping us from playing basketball, nor do they stopped playing soccer. They still played full court while we played half court 3-on-3. Amazingly, a few players from both sides said sorry when they accidentally hit the ball at us. Obviously, they did not hit us with any hard balls nor do we purposely crash into them or anything. It would be a night in the history of the basketball court. News would spread...

Proceeded to enjoy playing my game, it’s not that I’m proud of my achievement. But my team didn’t lose a game after several rounds. The fact is that I “think” players from the opposition team were slightly dazed by my previous outburst. I was also what basketballers termed as “in the zone”. It means that I’m too hot to handle. I’m really enjoying my game as I played hard ball. The players alike were also quite “motivated” in the sense to play some good basketball.

At around 9 or 9 plus, a friend came down. I let him take over as I felt quite good already. What I meant was, I felt I’ve played enough of high level basketball not that I’m tired or anything. I could have continued playing, but I felt that it has been such a long day and though my energy was still there, there is no need to suffer aches for giving my body additional workout. There was another reason, which I think reader/readers can guessed easily so I will leave it at that.

Stayed till the lights off at 10 o’clock at night, talk some craps and also plans (another good story to be told another day). The guys are also feeling quite high I guessed. LOL~ Because I played a very “high” energy song thru handphone while I’m out not playing. Hah.. Maybe my “positive” energy also have something to do with it because they finally began to talk of the plans that I’ve organized. I mean they talk only, no actions yet. Talk only... Said goodbyes. Strangely, no one really talk about my sudden volcanic eruption.

I went home and the story ends. You bet! I bathed and ate my dinner. Goodness, I’ve weird eating time? Nil.. I just do not want to play basketball on a full stomach. I did eat a chunk of watermelon before playing basketball. Too many stories (not made up) to tell. I can only say that I’ve literally touched 2 people with my “care and concern”. Adios~

PS – I’ve finally got a blog fan. Even my watermelon friend and grape friend also didn’t know that I’ve kept a blog. I’m still keeping my watermelon friend in suspense as I want to let him think more as I dropped hints along the way. Maybe he would find out? After all, I created this blog on his birthday and he was aware of it. But what he did not expect was that I update this blog a few days after his birthday. Hah.. If he manages to find out he would finally understand why I kept saying “Jing shi bu tong wang re” meaning the present situation was not like the past, it changes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home