Thursday, April 06, 2006

Personal Updates

Apologies for the lack of posts for a week... Below is a recap of my happenings over the past week. For those who are not interested, it’s ok to skip this entry.

Due to some technical problems (com spoilt from 30th till April Fool’s Day).

On March 31st to April 2nd, I went to a pre-scheduled advanced birthday chalet. I’ve brought premium scotch whiskey, Chivas Regal. I’ve also brought along my sister’s video camera to film the actions! On the surface, the “birthday” chalet was good. Grape even comments that the buffet was great... I’ve no comments with regards to food.

Luckily or unluckily, Bday boy’s mum and relative were around. A good point is they have prepared, cleaned and ensure a smooth flow of the chalet. Thanks to them.. Bad point was the lack of “wildness” as Bday boy’s (T-rex) mum is around. Nonetheless, I would take the good points over the bad anytime.

Behind the scenes and in my utmost honest opinion, the attitudes of some people left much to be desired. Shall not name names but I shall drop hints. The playstation 2 was operated for hours, not everyone who plays it is guilty but some people are too much. The mahjong/blackjack was only slightly better; I shall make myself clear that not everyone who plays is people with bad attitude. Come to think about it, we are supposed to come and enjoy ourselves, chit-chat, mingle around and wish T-rex a happy birthday in advance. Maybe I’m the odd one out; I’ve a unique idea of what a birthday chalet should look like. Too bad... Our purposes are different; their idea of a birthday chalet is much different from mine. Anyway, if T-rex mum was not around, the chalet would be horrible. Everyone wants to play and have fun but not much people would work for it... Only a handful (includes Desprorado) would work behind the scenes and carry out the ‘dirty’ job.

April 3rd was spent figuring out how to transfer the birthday video to the computer and editing videos. Went to Watermelon’s house to try out also. The transferring part was rather time and space consuming, so many formats etc.

Apr 4th is T-rex and another good friend’s actual birthday. Went for my long awaited driving revisions, then, I rushed to collect his presents (DVD Recorder, ice cream cake and girlfriend included), brought it to his house. We played some board games, chit chat, sang birthday song and gave him the present. Atmosphere was warm and cosy, gift wise I was the minority shareholder, his girlfriend was major shareholder. Unfortunately, what I did not expect was the technical problems in setting up the DVD recorder; hope that the birthday boy could somehow solve it... In a ‘worse’ case scenario, he could have brought the DVD recorder to his girlfriend’s house since they are so close. I doubt that he or she would mind anyway. Or maybe get some technician experts to fix the gift which turns out to be a problem... Perhaps it’s a problem with his TV and maybe we can give him a television set as birthday present next year. Hah~ J/k only.

Apr 5th was mainly spent on driving lessons, editing and burning videos. Yup.. It’s completed and I’ve even added in credits. Not bad, I’ve learnt how to transferred, edit and even use shortcuts. Basically, Windows Movie Maker is a good start for beginners, but it lacked some functions and enhancements. Nevertheless, it was rather fuss-free and operates like PowerPoint and Macromedia Flash.

At night, I went down to the bball court, what else? The boy cried wolf again... He was sleeping and was the last one to arrive at the court. When another latecomer called his house, his parents even helped him to lie by making some sh*tty excuses. It’s true, his mum said that his son was sh*tting in the loo. %$&@*! To make matter worse, he’s the one with the basketball also. WTBF!? Luckily, it rains soon so I just went home without biding them goodbyes. Poor manners on my part but I was fuming mad...

It’s so hard to play basketball nowadays ever since my basketball went burst. Its fine with me as I’m entering National Service soon, maybe a change of scenery would be good too. I dislike playing with liars and people with attitude problems. F*** la, play basketball still must jio (call or SMSs) so many people, all of them are afraid that there would be no one down on the basketball court. Why? What is there to fear about? No one coming down on the court but you can also play basketball alone if you have the basketball. Too bad... Some people are simply too lazy to bring bball down or whatsoever, some are too dependent on others to bring basketball down and some live away from the basketball court so I do not blame them. For me? I happened to be in the “dependent” category now, every since my basketball went burst. Maybe and just maybe, I would get a basketball but you can bet that I will not lend it or use it to play with such AP people; only a few people would get to touch it.

Black Eyed Peas sang the song “Where Is The Love?”. I alter it to “Where Is The Trust?

PS - Noticed that I've finally use some vuglar language (expletives) but I censored it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home