Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Cold War...

It has been two weeks... I’m still having a cold war with my dad. A ridiculously, incredibly and silly miscommunication like a cruel joke played out. Only thing is that, it’s not funny...

(Loosely translated in Chinese)

Me: I’ve failed my driving test.
Dad: YOU HAVE FAILED!!?? (The fellow blockmates from 2-3 floors up/down should be able to hear him)
Me: Ya...
Dad: YOU HAVE FAILED!?
Me: How many times must I tell you that? (Sounding abit irritated)
Dad: Cham liao lor. (You’re doomed) You failed liao (already) still tell me ar?
Me: Why? Cannot fail ar?
Dad: (says something sarcastic)
Me: Why? I’m using my own money what. I did not get one cent from you OK!!
Dad: You are going to work like a bull or a horse in the future.
Me: (Speechless... Close to a volcanic eruption)
Dad: What to do?
Me: (Speechless... Went out to play basketball soon)

Now, luckily that person was my dad. I cannot imagine anyone saying that to me. Fair weather friends would probably not be friends anymore. Good friends would also take a few weeks and months before my anger subside. If any other idiots dare to mock at me, he would most probably be hanging grape juice in the hospital bed till now, which is like a fortnight?

Hah~ The joke’s not over yet. My ‘foolish’ dad had actually heard wrongly. He ‘thought’ that I’ve failed my polytechnic studies... What’s worse? Me? Failing? LOL!~ Although I’m not done very well academically, but the possibility of me failing is as close to striking lottery. Then, he did not ‘talk’ to me anymore. Neither did I attempt to ‘talk’ with him since it wasn’t my fault that he misunderstood me in the first place. He’s not to be blamed entirely also... Now what? It’s just a silly misunderstanding... Who cares?

Imagine that... Your own dad not talking to you for two weeks due to an idiotic misunderstanding. Not a single word uttered. His face is more important then his son that he cannot even says a single word of “Sorry”. This is serious AP and I know that I could have initiated the conversation. Yet, I knew that I’ll not say sorry or start the talking simply because I’ve my own pride as well. It is also a good thing because I’m going to be in control of my own life from now on. I’m not going to ask him for a cent. I’ll beg, borrow or steal to survive... For the debts that I owe him (monetary and personal), it would be impossible to quantify everything. He’s still my dad after all... That’s all I can say. Hah.. He’s stubborn and I’ve inherited some of his bad genes as well.

Heck... I will just toughen myself up, get things on my own and do whatever it takes. It’s a good opportunity to be almost independent also. Hah... Let’s see who shall surrender first. This shall be a long battle... Cold war.

PS – Apologies for a few not up-to-standard entries these days. Feeling insipid but I would be fine. If things are good, my next entry shall be about AM classes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home