Monday, May 01, 2006

No More Late Night Or Early Morning Outings


I’m in a real comatose state right now. In other words, I’m hanging grape juice/banana juice at this moment of blogging. Hah~ I’m just too weak to compete with ‘them’ now. My usual waking hours varies from 5+ - 8+. Mostly 7+ in the morning I would be up while sleeping at 12+. That works out to a comfortable 7 hours of slumber time which is enough for me.

Due to a late night out with the dudes, I’m convinced that my ‘stamina’ is not up to their standard. It’s beyond comparison. It’s like comparing 2 different kind of matter altogether. Instead of comparing apples with apples, I’m like a banana versus lemons. They are able to amuse themselves late at night whereas I’m already thinking of my bed.

Give me just one good reason why I should risk my health to go out with them at the dead of dawn to some lousy pub and breathing in fresh ‘aroma’ of second hand cigarettes’ smoke? I do not smoke by the way (another story told another time). Why? For the sake of ‘friendship’ or loyalty? Or was it the backlash they would gave to you when you do not join them for a ‘wild’ night out? Peer pressure? I’ve no idea but they can condemn me for all they want. I’m not going to succumb to their pressure tactics. No way! Unless I stand to benefit from it, I would take no part in it.

I went with them anyway and I regretted not to have an outburst when they are taunting another poor fellow. I should have just left with him while we were still on the train. C’mon... The poor fellow was already out working in the sun for one whole day. It’s a lot more tiring than sleeping at home during the day or working for a few hours in an air-conditioned room. Too bad... ‘They’ lacked the intelligence to figure that out. ‘They’ are out to have ‘fun’ while he was psyched into the late night outing. Obviously, his face was on the long side.

To make matter worse, ‘they’ began to criticize him for showing a sullen face. Telling him to go home and all. As a sane person can see, he is going to be criticized no matter what.

Scenario 1

He didn’t go. à Guilty. Reasons being not ‘steady’, ‘everyone’ is going and you are being such a spoilsport (wet blanket). Then, he would get condemned by so-called ‘friends’ who as I’ve mentioned lacked some logical thinking skills.


Scenario 2

He did go but was like a rape victim. à Guilty. Reasons being ‘unwilling’ to go in the first place. Yet he was ‘forced’ or ‘peer pressured’ into late night activities. If that is not raping then may I know what is considered raping? [Rape - The act of seizing and carrying off by force. Abusive or improper treatment. The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.] I’m beginning to wonder how a person can be happy in the first place when they are literally forced against their own will. Maybe some of my ‘friends’ can enlighten me. Then, after successfully ‘raping’ him, they taunt him to go home.


Scenario 3

He went and went off ‘early’. I mean 2 AM is really considered early? Yea right, it’s already early morning. à Guilty. Reasons being going home early. He was condemned for being a mother’s boy who needs to go home early? Needless to say, my ‘friends’ have excellent stamina while the poor dude was really ‘lousy’ after one whole day under the sun. It’s only a day under the sun, small matter only. Only ‘weak’ people cannot survive after a whole day out in the ‘comfortable’ sun. The rest of ‘them’ are all iron man, superman and inhuman. (Notice that it rhymes. Lol.)


Honestly speaking, with ‘friends’ like these. Who needs enemies?

PS – When I say ‘friends’ ‘they’ ‘them’, I’m only referring to some people who shoot their mouth off without first consulting their brains. There are still ripe and good fruits among them for the harvesting.

Needless to say, I find myself drifting away from ‘them’. I will walk my own path while they walk theirs. Our paths crossed because we had a common interest. I used the word ‘had’ to signify the past. People change; their interests change and their priority changes as well.

What was once considered fun was not as enjoyable anymore. What was considered ‘fun’ by ‘them’ was not amusing to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home