Monday, May 08, 2006

Birthday Wish.

Hah~ My birthday’s is coming in around a week’s time. Care to know what’s my wish?

Nothing. I’ve no wish list or anything. In fact, my mindset is the same as a good friend in polytechnic. QQ (not his real name) mentioned that “It’s just another day. No big deal. There’s no need for expensive presents or anything.” Now, I realized that QQ was right. It’s just another day. The world still spins, it’s no big deal.

Or rather, it’s a big deal in that my mum carried me in her wombs for 9 months and finally ‘ending’ the battle as she releases me out to this world. Only to experience further heartache of her son’s ignorance in the early years. Hah~ Now, I dare to say that I’m able to take care of myself. Oops... If not for the 'occasional' dishes that I abhor to wash up, I’m nearly perfect. Lol..

Alas, having been through so many birthdays (including siblings and friends), I merely wishes that people would be happy. I do not want to burden people and demand gifts unlike people with thick skins who post their unfair demands on their blogs. I would be contented if friends could be a little more thoughtful and perhaps show me some respect. Hah~ I don’t mean the respect of kneeling and bowing to me for 3 times sort of respect (Respecting the dead), I mean the act of acknowledging my presence. Hah.. Guess I was thinking too much as usual. Dot dot

I do not need unnecessary gifts or anything. I believed that a simple greeting of “Happy Birthday” is enough for me. I mean there’s no need to make me feel like a king on my birthday to treat me like a fool any other day. That is one of the reasons why I dislike anniversaries. You do not have to treat me so good just on ‘my’ day. It would be good to treat me fine every other day. Ok... I guess that is not possible too...

Then, I’ve also experienced the headache of buying presents for friends on their birthdays. I’ve been through enough of it to know that it is not pretty to have people sharing gifts and ended up arguing over money matters. Then, there’s also the question of what to buy when the person seems to have it ‘all’. People whom I’m closed to should have known by now that I’m not really a money-oriented person. Sure, having money is good but I’m way beyond that. My belief’s that “Worldly possessions are nothing; certain things in life are much priceless”. I’m looking for that something else. I do not need the fanciest gadgets or anything. I cherish relationships way ahead of money.

Next up, I would begin my usual criticism of someone or rather people in general. I condemn people who practically ‘whore’ themselves by publishing their wish lists on their blogs. It’s like asking your friends to get presents for you in an indirect way. I would be ashamed to commit such a ‘sin’. Maybe my skin’s just not thick enough to ask people for presents. Maybe I would jokingly say that I want something that is way beyond the capability of people. But I would never ask or should I say beg for presents like branded clothing or branded stuffs etc. I believed that people should not solicit (beg) for presents as it would reduce their value greatly. Posting up a wish list is as good as telling people that you need presents in order to feel happy. Friends are optional, the presents are more important. Is that what you need? The best clothes, best car, best handphone and best whatever to make you happy? So be it... If you’re really happy, I will be happy for you too. Though I may not like the idea but who cares?

Last words...
“You may be nothing to the world, but you may also be the world to somebody” Think about it.

PS – I do have a sudden wish. A wish to have a peek at the chio bu from a friend’s birthday chalet party. It would be better if ya know... Well... Hmm.... OMG! I would really die a happy man. HOO~!! (What are you all thinking? I’m innocent as always. Lol~)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home