Friday, June 16, 2006

I’ve got it so what now?

Hah~ When things changes, thinking also changes.

So I’ve at long last gotten that license that I coveted for. Then, I began to think about ‘new’ problems like my 1st accident, CHOY! Touch wood. Then, I also began to think about how I am going to memorise all those road and ways to get from point B to point C.

Of course! I also thought of ‘how am I going to get a car?’ Using my dad’s pick-up? No way! Not until the cold war is over. Yes, I know that it’s been 2 months but if he’s stubborn, I must have inherited his genes pretty well. =)

Thus, for the short term I don’t foresee driving a car and besides I’m entering the Army in a few weeks time. You may question what’s the use of getting a license then if you cannot drive?

My reply: Take the plastic card and go around showing off? Hah~ Nope, it’s not my character to show off and there is also nothing much to show off anyway. It’s just an additional skill that I have and now I can look under the dispatch and delivery as well as the drivers and chauffeurs section. Hah.. That is not a dream job but just a spare tyre that may or may not be used.

In the long term, I thought about ‘Ways to own a car?’ In Singapore, a car can seriously cripple your finance even if the exorbitant price tag does not manage to give you a heart attack right away. Even if you have a car, there are always the ‘extras’ that you are going to pay for like the road tax, COE, petrol, piranha interest, parking coupons, season parking, maintenance and fines etc. Based on my rough estimate, a person may need to earn at least 6-8K and above to get an average car including inflation rates and rising oil prices. In order to earn that amount, it may take me 8-10 years at least and even then, I may not reach that salary range...

Under economic terms, it’s not economical to get a driving license. Under safety terms, it’s not safe to drive around when there are reckless drivers around. Hahaha.. I’m not referring to myself as I’m still a rookie and consistently checking my blind spots. In fact, it is much better if more people don’t drive because I’ve already add on to the traffic jam. =) Just kidding... If you have the money, time and will. By all means, do what you want as long as you are happy. Haha.. I’m still lost in lala land and it may take a few days before I get out of it. Hah~ Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home