Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Inspired blogging Vs Forceful blogging

A number of people blog for the sake of blogging, writing down their daily happenings and also as a mean to communicate ideas with others. Blogging started out to be a personal diary sort of online journal whereby folks write down their feelings for their own sake. Then, people began to judge a good blog from a so-called lousy blog.

What happens usually is that the bloggers would begin writing to please others. They began to blog even when they don’t feel like it. They are trying to force out their thoughts and the passion fades... They start to treat blogging as a task whereby they must blog at least once per day so that others would know that they are alive and kicking. The words used would become unimaginative and soon, the crowd would thin as they went in search of better blogs.

I started out blogging because I’ve ideas to share. I do not want to force myself cuz I’m not a slave. I’m not paid. I blog because I feel like it. I write down stuffs because I feel like it. It becomes a chore when others begin to expect too much from me. Ideas would become stale and the constant pressure would only make me write rubbish. Likewise, a joke is not funny anymore when it becomes forceful. That applies to drawings as well. What started out as an excellent parody becomes tasteless...

Normally, I do not blog when I’ve no inspiration as the words would come out flat. Since I can’t write something worth reading, I would rather do something worth writing. Or at least do something worthwhile like reading a good book or something. Once the ideas flash, I would capture it and develop the negative onto the blog. (I’m using a metaphor btw)

Anyway, it’s rather easy to spot an inspired blogging and a forced entry. The words are not as colorful, the entry feels silly and most probably the blogger is using third party material and copying and pasting it on the blog. You just have to feel it for yourself and you will know the difference between an inspired and unnatural post.

So... Is this entry forced or inspired?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home