Monday, June 05, 2006

Staying at home...

I think I’m getting obsolete and detached from the outside world as I holed myself up at home with my mum holding me captive. Hah.. Doing mundane chores like cleaning (name anything that can be clean or scrubbed) and painting the wall which helps in contributing the excruciating soreness to my neck and arms.

Just imagine yourself raising your arms in the air supporting a paintbrush as you strain your neck to paint the ceiling bit by bit so that the paint wouldn’t spill. This is an extremely good way to build patience and endurance as you progress slowly. After the first hour, I began to procrastinate and began taking short breaks of 10-20 minutes. It was such a chore that I really wanted to just rush it through and get it over and done with. Yet, I can’t hurry because the paint would drip and the results won’t be good anymore. There’s no point in painting if you are just going to do a lousy job. You might as well do other things worth your time.

Hence, I continued painting at a snail’s pace partly due to the painting ‘requirement’ and aches suffered. Hey, I’m not trying to make painting the ceiling seems so tough as if I’m exaggerating but it’s really tiring to strain your neck, raise your arms, holding a paintbrush and waving it to and fro for a few hours. It was so exhausting that I felt weak while playing basketball during the night.

Despite the sufferings, what do you really get in the end? A well painted wall that will deteriorate in a few years? Damm... But life's like that, nothing lasts forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home