Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Final Countdown

As I was changing lane to the left, the tester hit the dashboard. Damm... I was caught.

Before I start driving, the tester briefs about the emergency brake and told me to step on the brakes immediately when he hit the dashboard. Yet, I was really surprised as he knocks on the dashboard when I was lane changing back to the left. Wtf? I was stunned and earned myself 2 points barely a minute into my test. This is not looking good...

Then, as I was about to turn right to enter the S-course... A learner driver was trying to play punk with me. He was coming from another direction and signaled way too early and misleads me into thinking that he was going to turn into the junction before my S-course. Who knows? That a**hole must have absentmindedly left his signal on and he actually drove straight. For that, I earned myself an additional 4 points within 5 minutes.

It was a case of history repeating itself once again... But I was not demoralized this time.I scored another 2x2 points for silly mistakes in the circuit. Hence, I earned myself 10 points in the circuit alone. I muttered a few silent curses, let it go and try to stop thinking about it.

Finally, it’s time to hit the public road. In my mind, I was thinking about my chances. Yet, I remain slow and steady. It is because I recognized that I can’t outrun against the seasoned drivers out on the road. They do not need to check blind spots nor do they care about the speed limit. The road’s limit is 70KM/H but how many drivers are really driving at that speed? Obviously, there were just not many drivers out there who would let you lane change in front of them.

So, my strategy is simply remaining slow and steady and not letting those idiots to scare me off by trying to kiss my bumper. Screw them for all I care, I’m here to get my license and not rushing to get to heaven or hell. Nor do I want to reincarnate so soon, my time as an earthling is not through yet. I continued at my own pace which is neither too slow nor too fast. When the road is clear, I accelerate close to the speed limit. When the traffic is too heavy and no one lets me change lane, then I just let them go first because it’s definitely smarter to have a proper lane change rather than trying to act hero and lane change against those pros. It would easily earn you points for that.

Yet, I still meet with some incidents on the road... Then, before I knew it. The tester was leading me to the room to reprimand me... He’s carried an unsmiling face throughout the test... He asked me why I move off when the learner driver was going straight.. I explained that the signal was on and I thought that he was going to turn left into the junction so I thought that it’s safe to turn right. Who knows? That a**hole did not turn left nor did he turn into the S-course that I was going to turn into. Wtf?

He made a few more comments on blind spots checking etc..

Well.... In the end...




I...





Have failed...






To...




Disappoint.




HAhaha~



I’ve PASSED!


I’ve finally got that monkey off my back... No more worries about driving... Except that I don’t know the roads....

Note to all learner drivers or driver wannabes:
Do not let your mistakes affect you. Let it go. Continue your driving.
Remain slow and steady and not letting others to pressurize you into errors.
Maintain a ‘confident’ face even though you may be trembling inside.

It may not be easy but you either do it or you lose it.

PS - Actually I was planning to blog this down a day ago but I think it's not very encouraging so I did not blog it down the day before. Now, it doesn't matters. =)

2 Months Rust.

It's has been like 2 months since I've touched the steering wheel... The feeling is like back to a student once again, with the instructor doing what he does best, instruct. Somehow, I don't feel as confident as before. Perhaps due to the rust, or the trauma of 48 demerit points. Whatever... I've no expectations this time. Hah~ Maybe I can set my target at 47 demerit points. Hmm.. The last attempt, I was confident as the instructors did not kpkb much. This time round who knows? I can only hope that my driving instinct could make a miraculous return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home